C4DM's Audio Engineering team - News and Press
- Demonstration videos on YouTube Channel: Intelligent Sound Engineering
- Check out our blog, Intelligent Sound Engineering
Automatic Music Production in the news
Josh Reiss meets her Majesty the Queen at the UK Technology Reception at Buckingham Palace
Jan. 2016, Josh Reiss's research on perception of high resolution audio is discussed in an editorial in Stereophile magazine.
- Dec. 16, 2016, Audiostream reports on Dr. Reiss's research into high resolution audio perception, leading to further online debate.
- Dec. 8, 2015, The Naked Scientists, a popular international science radio show, focused on music technology in the most recent episode. It featured an interview with Josh Reiss about Intelligent Music Production. It was broadcast live by the BBC in the East of England, and also broadcast by BBC Radio 5 Live and ABC Radio National, Australia.
- 11 Sept. 2014, Brecht De Man's work in the SAFE project was featured in this BBC article, following a press conference at the British Science Festival.
- June 17, 2014, C4DM Audio Engineering team alumnus Stuart Mansbridge, now CTO of Queen Mary spin-out company MixGenius, mentioned in an article about MixGenius in Forbes magazine.
- June 9, 2014, Josh Reiss invited to the UK Technology Reception at Buckingham Palace, where he met several members of the royal family (Her Majesty the Queen; HRH Prince Philip; Prince William, Duke of Cambridge; and Prince Edward, Duke of Kent, and others).
- May 9, 2014, Another article in La Presse about MixGenius and their first product, LandR.
- May 4, 2014, Josh Reiss appears on the Channel 4 show For the Love of Cars in a discussion about automotive sound design and an informal comparison of the sound of the Triumph Stag engine against other vehicles.
- Dec. 19, 2013, MixGenius, and the journey from basic research to start-up, is featured in QMUL's video 'A tale of two start-ups'
- October 3rd, 2013, Montreal newspaper La Presse reports on the start-up company MixGenius, based on our group's research.
- September 26, 2013, Queen Mary issues a press release on the spin-out company MixGenius.
Josh Reiss presents Automatic Music Production to HRH Duke of Edinburgh at the Royal Academy of Engineering's inauguration of Prince Philip House
- On October 16, 2012, Stuart Mansbridge and Josh Reiss demonstrated Automatic Music Production to HRH Duke of Edinburgh at the Royal Academy of Engineering's inauguration of Prince Philip House.
- 'Changing the Music Industry's Tune' - our automatic music production system work featured in the Royal Academy of Engineering's Autumn 2012 Newsletter
- April 23, 2012, our mixing technologies were featured in The Engineer magazine.
- On April 16, 2012, Dr. Reiss was interviewed on BBC Radio 4 regarding his Royal Academy of Engineering Fellowship to commercialise automatic music production systems.
- Our research on Reverse Engineering the Mix was featured on the first episode of SquareCad, the audio mastering podcast.
- Listen to a short discussion of our publication 'Reverse Engineering the Mix' on the AES Journal Podcast.
- An article on our automatic mixing work appeared in New Scientist, Jan. 30 2010. An alternate version of the article is also available online.
- On April 2nd, 2008, New Scientist broke the story of our work on acoustic feedback prevention, and original articles and interviews quickly appeared on BBC Radio 4, BBC World Service, in the Guardian's main section, Radio Deutsche Welle, ITN News and LBC's Morning Report.